Job Title: Director of Music
Organization Name: King’s Cross Anglican Church
Organization Website: kingscrosstucson.org
Salary Range (optional): Part Time to Begin
Director of Music
Employer: King’s Cross Anglican Church
Closes: When position is filled
Fr. Pete Forbes: firstname.lastname@example.org
Summary - The Director of Music is responsible for planning, coordinating,
and leading musical worship at King’s Cross Anglican Church in collaboration
with the lead church planter. This person is responsible for recruiting,
training, and leading musicians of the church as they play and sing as part
of the musical team. The Director of Music will have a key role in shaping
the development of our ethos and the culture of musical worship. Our desire
is that the music we sing together would be Biblically faithful,
theologically rich, and aesthetically beautiful. It should reﬂect the
breadth and depth of sacred music in a way that is rooted in our Anglican
heritage but also translate into our contemporary context. King’s Cross is a
young church plant. We are looking for someone called to partner in the
missionary work of church planting that can commit to the life of the parish
wholeheartedly for the next few years.
- Lead musical worship with strong vocals and a musical instrument.
- Recruit, cultivate, shepherd, and train a team of musicians to serve at
- Select songs for services in coordination with the lead church planter.
- Rehearse regularly with music team and prepare sheet music, lead sheets,
- Maintain a database of songs and music maintaining legal compliance on
- Assist with weekly set-up including oversight over audio-visual equipment
- Strategic relational outreach to the musical / artistic community in
- Other duties as developed in conversation with the lead church planter.
- A vibrant, growing faith in Jesus Christ evidenced by faithfulness and
- A sense of calling to lead the people of God in musical worship and be part
of a church plant.
- An appreciation of the Anglican church’s liturgical and musical
- Agreement with the ACNA Theological Statement and Jerusalem Declaration of
- Maintain a personal and professional lifestyle of high Christian character
- An eagerness to participate in the overall life and community of King’s
Cross and of Oro Valley.
This is a part-time position. Compensation is negotiable and commensurate
with experience and qualiﬁcations. To apply, contact Fr. Pete Forbes
Contact Email: email@example.com