Job Title: Church Pianist-Accompanist PT
Organization Name: Shoreline Unitarian Universalist Society
Organization Website: www.shorelineunitarian.org
Salary Range (optional): see job description
Deadline to submit: November 10, 2017
Updated Job Description – Church Pianist-Accompanist
Shoreline Unitarian Universalist Society in Madison, Connecticut, seeks a
pianist for Sunday services and choral rehearsals.
Term of Employment:
The pianist-accompanist needs to be available throughout the calendar year to
provide continuity, with time off to be scheduled during each quarter.
Playing most Sunday mornings is required. Rehearsal hours are to be arranged
with the vocal music leader.
¬¬440 hours per calendar year @ $20.00 per hour—typically 10 hours per
• Accompany soloists, choral groups, and other occasional instrumental
musicians during 44 Sunday worship services and rehearsals.
• Collaborate via e-mail and an occasional meeting with the Minister or the
Worship Committee Member and the Vocal Music Leader to plan inspiring music
for the congregation.
• Maintain the grand piano humidity level.
• Arrange for piano tuning (four times a year).
• Arrange for a substitute from the Minister’s list of pianists when
Shoreline Unitarian Universalist Society will:
• Notify the pianist of additional paid opportunities to perform at
weddings, memorial services, special events, etc. The pianist will contact
the people requesting music services and be paid by them separately from
Shoreline Unitarian Universalist Society.
• Provide a grand piano and pay for maintenance.
• Provide rehearsal space.
• Pay the pianist’s dues to the Unitarian Universalist Musicians Network
The Pianist-Accompanist will:
• Maintain active membership in UUMN (paid by Shoreline Unitarian
Universalist Society) and abide by the UUMN code of professional practice.
• Participate in a performance review conducted by the Minister and a
representative of the Board of Trustees during the employment year.
• Make a good faith effort to abide by the Staff Covenant of the church.
Contact Email: email@example.com