ISM Choral Library Policies
Online catalog: https://yaleism.insigniails.com/library
ISM Choral Librarian: email@example.com or 203-432-9671
- The ISM choral library is open to Yale affiliates (students, faculty, and staff) as well as representatives of local organizations who register with the ISM. Registration can be completed by e-mailing the Choral Librarian with the borrower’s name, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number, and name of organization.
- Registration does not entitle borrowers to access to the library stacks. A registered borrower may request titles by sending a request to the Choral Librarian. (See “Borrowing and Circulation, below.)
- Priority for library materials is given to ISM performing groups.
- The Choral Librarian reserves the right to terminate borrowing privileges at any time.
Borrowing and Circulation
- To request materials, send a message to the Choral Librarian. Include in your request the call number, the name of the composer, the title of the piece, the number of copies desired, the date you wish to pick up the items, and the date you wish to return them.
- The default loan period is four weeks. If you wish to keep items longer, include the desired return date in your request.
- Allow at least ten working days for a request to be processed.
- The Choral Librarian reserves the right to recall materials at any time.
- Library materials may not be marked with anything other than gray pencil. Before returning materials, the borrower is responsible for erasing any markings.
- Renewals must be requested on or before the due date. Borrowers may renew materials by e-mailing the Choral Librarian.
- Borrowers with overdue materials are not permitted to check out additional materials.
- Borrowers who wish to view their loan history and due dates may request an account in the Insignia library software.
- Loaned materials should be returned to the ISM Concert Office (Sterling Divinity Quadrangle, room N102).
Overdue Materials and Fines
- The library sends a notice by e-mail shortly before an item’s due date and weekly thereafter until materials are returned.
- Borrowers are responsible for informing the Choral Librarian promptly of changes in their e-mail addresses.
- Failure to receive a notice does not release the borrower from overdue fines.
- Fines are assessed beginning the day following the due date:
- Fines are $.50 per day per item, or $2.00 per day for recalled items.
- Unreturned materials may be declared lost, and patrons will be billed for their replacement plus a $20 processing fee.