Miller Hall Use Fall 2020
Note: the COVID situation is evolving, and policies and protocols are subject to change. Check back often!
Miller Hall is now open.
Miller Hall will remain red-lit and accessible via badge swipe only to those ISM faculty, staff, fellows, and certain ISM music students who have been approved to return to campus and have completed all saftey requirements. The staff point person for questions or concerns about Miller Hall access and use is Caitlin MacGregor.
Common spaces are closed and will be locked where possible, with signs indicating room closure. This includes hallways.
Individual offices are one-person occupancy. In-person meetings are discouraged and visitor seating has been removed.
Meetings should be held over Zoom if at all possible. If an in-person meeting is necessary, the first-floor conference room has been designated as a meeting space for no more than three people. Room reservation through EMS is required. Attendees must remain masked at all times and maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from the other participants.
Restrooms and elevator are single occupancy.
- Open only to faculty and staff
- Single occupancy for eating
- Use limited to microwave, refrigerator, and sink
- Cleaning supplies are available for users, along with instructions about individual responsibility for wiping down surfaces after use
Shared copiers are available only to faculty and staff. Cleaning supplies are available for users, who are responsible for cleaning after use
Mailboxes in Miller Hall will be used only for inter-office mail for faculty, fellows, and staff . Student mailboxes will NOT be used and student names have been removed from mailboxes.
Practice rooms in Miller Hall for ISM music students
Miller Music Studio, room 008, basement
Miller Hall Seminar Room, room 203, second floor
Monday through Friday, 9am to 10 pm
Weekend access will be limited to necessary overflow if all SDQ spaces are unavailable . Reservations must be confirmed in advance by Thursdays at noon.
- All reservations must be placed 48 hours in advance.
- Open to Voxtet and choral conducting students only
- May be used for individual piano or voice practice only, by reservation only
- Reservations may be made for one-, two-, or three-hour blocks
- Visit the Room Reservation & Policies for Use page for more information