Associate Director of Music (Atlanta, Georgia)
All Saints’ Episcopal Church in Atlanta is seeking a full-time Associate Director of Music to begin in May 2022 (a later summer start in June or July would also be possible). The position comes with full benefits and a salary commensurate with education and experience. In addition to playing the organ at a high level, the successful candidate will be a hard-working, dedicated professional with a proven record of self-motivation, collaboration, and organizational skills. Experience in accompanying services in the Episcopal Church is ideal but not required. We seek a colleague eager to become a partner in shared ministry, with an interest in the long-term sustainability and growth of a dynamic music department. Reporting to the Director of Music, the Associate Director will demonstrate exceptional communication skills and a willingness to be a valued team player.
All Saints’ is a vibrant, progressive Christian community rooted in the Episcopal tradition and located in the heart of Midtown Atlanta. The successful candidate will be comfortable joining a large and talented team of committed colleagues who manage a busy parish with deep, historic roots in the metropolitan area.
· Share service playing, weddings, and funerals with the Director of Music
· Accompany the adult choirs in rehearsals and services
· Sing in the choir when not accompanying during services or rehearsals
· Lead choir sectionals and conduct in the absence of the Director
· Manage an extensive library of varied repertoire and prepare music for choirs
· Track attendance, prepare seating charts, and communicate closely with choristers
· Manage inventory of robes, office equipment, supplies, and all other departmental functions
· Assist the Director in planning, promoting, and managing the concert series
· Attend staff meetings and communicate accurate, timely responses to staff needs
· Schedule and oversee routine instrument maintenance
· Experience with Sibelius, creating music graphics, and arranging scores is desirable but not required
· All other duties as assigned by the Director of Music to fulfill the needs of the department.
Interested applicants will provide:
· A short letter of intent
· Two references
· A current C.V.
· Links to two recordings, including, if possible, a choral or hymn accompaniment
Video recordings are preferred, if possible, but not mandatory.
Please send all application materials by January 15, 2022 to:
The Rev. Dr. Simon J. Mainwaring, Rector
Finalists will be brought to Atlanta for an interview and audition in February 2022.
Contact Dr. Kirk M. Rich, Director of Music, with any questions about the position or the search process: firstname.lastname@example.org