Church Music Director (Katonah, NY)
March 6, 2021
Katonah Presbyterian Church
- Develop and implement the music ministry of the church in consultation with the Pastor and the Worship Committee and ensure that appropriate music is part of all worship services as needed.
- Plan, prepare, and play piano and organ music for all regular and special worship services.
- Direct the worship vocal choir, selecting appropriate anthems and other works to fit the themes and biblical/theological foundations of our worship as developed by the Pastor.
- Coordinate the entire handbell program and integrate participation in the worship service. Organize outside engagements for the handbell choirs, which may include domestic and international travel to handbell symposiums.
- Lead other vocal and instrumental ensembles for worship services as appropriate.
- Coordinate with the Audio/Visual Technician and the Pastor to support both virtual and in-person worship services.
Qualifications should include:
- Minimum qualifications include a bachelor’s degree in music or comparable music training.
- Proven experience as a church organist.
- Proven experience as a choral conductor including vocal training knowledge and rehearsal techniques.
- Experience in directing handbell choirs.
- Experience conducting other instrumental groups.
- Enthusiastic about incorporating a variety of musical genres into worship services.
- Ability to recruit others to participate in the music ministry.
- Knowledge of audio/video recording and social media technology.
- Possess ensemble leadership, keyboard, and accompaniment skills.