Director of Music Ministry and Organist (New Haven, CT)
• In consultation with the Minister, plan and coordinate music and choir's performance pieces for all services of worship, prepare special programs for holidays or special occasions
• Schedule and lead weekly choir rehearsals; conduct and lead the choir in performance; recruit and audition new singers; foster each singer’s musical growth
• Lead and schedule rehearsals for other groups (youth, children, etc) as needed
• Recruit, audition, and direct special performers (soloists, instrumentalists)
• Arrange for special music when choir is on break (i.e. summer hiatus, following major performances)
• Prepare an annual budget request for music program to the Minister and Council
• Oversee maintenance of all instruments
• Maintain music files
• Attend Council and committee meetings
• Arrange for guest choir director and organist when on leave. Absences will not be granted for major church holidays (i.e., Christmas Eve, Good Friday, and Easter)
• Bachelors degree in choral music conducting (or a degree candidate in the senior year of study) or equivalent related work experience desired.
• Ability to play organ, harpsichord, piano and direct choir.
• Knowledge of and openness to a variety of music and styles.
• Enthusiastic and dedicated, with a positive attitude and a commitment to serving the Church and local community.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, patience, clarity, and ease of communication
Two (2) weeks vacation, social security, and worker’s compensation insurance.