Director of Worship and Music (Austin, TX)
Director of Worship and Music
The Opportunity with Triumphant Love Lutheran Church:
Triumphant Love Lutheran Church (TLLC) invites qualified professionals to apply for the fulltime position of Director of Worship and Music. Reporting to the Senior Pastor, this position helps develop and lead the worship and music ministry for the church in a way that is consistent with the mission, values, and theology of the church community.
For over 40 years TLLC has been celebrating and sharing God’s grace by developing faithful leaders of all ages, engaging children and youth across the generations, embracing all with unconditional love, and sharing our stories of God’s hope with one another, this community, and the world.
Liturgical worship stands at the center of our life of faith. We gather around Word and Sacrament, growing in our relationship with God through word and water, wine and wheat. Central to everything we do, worship unites us in celebration, engages us in thoughtful dialogue, and helps us to grow a generous faith. It grounds us in our Christian and Lutheran roots, while demonstrating practical relevance for today’s world.
TLLC offers the following:
- A large, multi-generational congregation that enjoys creative worship and both traditional and contemporary music
- The opportunity to rebuild and grow the worship and music ministry with both children and adults
- Competitive compensation and benefit package
- Staff, church council, board of ministries, and congregational members dedicated to the mission and vision of TLLC
About the Position:
Selects, organizes, and plans music for Sunday and midweek services; participates in the creative planning of special services with the Senior Pastor and the Worship and Music Team; recruits, equips, motivates, supervises, and shepherds music team leaders and musicians (both children and adults); develops musical teams and ensembles for services; and participates in the life and ministry of TLLC.
- Displays advanced musical skills and competence; demonstrates the ability to organize, coordinate, and motivate musicians and worship and music leaders; is a strong team player with the staff and congregation; and is committed to the church's vision, leadership, and people.
- Manages the budget by monitoring expenses, preparing recommendations and justifications for needed equipment and supplies, and makes appropriate purchases working the Director of Operations and Senior Pastor.
- Ideal candidates will have the proven ability to work within a wide range of styles including Christian classics (hymns) and contemporary music, and have the ability to lead worship and train children, youth, and adults as worship leaders. Ideally, candidates will have the ability to produce and direct special events, musicals, and programs, including liturgical dance and drama.
- Preference will be given to candidates who can make worship and music fun; have a positive
attitude; are confident, dependable, respectful of others, responsible, self-motivated, and creative; have advanced, professional quality keyboard skills (piano or organ); have the ability to compose and arrange music; and have a working knowledge of ProPresenter or similar program.
- Candidates should have an authentic relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, demonstrate
strong discipleship, have the ability to shepherd volunteer musicians in the Christian life, and be able
to minister to them as needed.
Minimally Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in music, music education, conducting, or a related field or a combination of education and experience that yields the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- 5 years’ progressive experience as a Director of Worship or Director of Music collaborating with volunteers within diverse congregations
- 5 years’ experience in developing, growing, and sustaining music and worship programs
Triumphant Love Lutheran Church is located at 9508 Great Hills Trail, Austin, TX 78759.
Who Should Apply?
- You love creating, building, and developing musical programs to support and enhance the church’s worship experience.
- You aren’t afraid of taking risks and finding creative solutions.
- You are a deadline-driven individual with the desire to achieve great results.
- You want to reach beyond what you are currently doing with worship and music for a large and diverse Lutheran congregation.
How to Apply:
- To know more about the position and download a position application form, click on the following link: Job Opening Files - Google Drive
- Complete the TLLC Application Form along with a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and references to email@example.com by May 1, 2022