Director of Worship and Music Ministries (Nashville, TN)
Music and Worship Leadership
- Promote the spiritual life of the congregation through music ministry.
- Plan and lead weekly worship with pastors and other staff for two Sunday services
- Provide music for all worship services, weddings and funerals and special seasonal events
- Schedule, prepare and rehearse music for adult and youth vocal choirs, adult and youth
- handbell choirs
- Actively recruit new members while nurturing current participants through retreats, try the
- choir nights, social events, etc.
- Plan and implement the Annual Youth Choir Tour
- Serve as organist/pianist for worship services as needed in cooperation with the organist
- and volunteer pianists.
- Serve as an integral member of the staff team. Participate in staff meetings, staff worship
- planning meetings. program ministry staff meetings (1-3 hours weekly)
- Prepare space and equipment for worship services and music rehearsals.
- Manage Music Ministry Budget
- Serve as curator for all instruments in the church.
- Relate to the working committees of the church such as, Worship Committee, Program
- Ministry Council and Administrative Board.
Oversight of Music Ministry Staff and volunteer leadership
- Director of Children’s Music Ministries
- Children’s Handbell Director
- Music Intern
- Music Librarians
Qualifications: Three to five years prior experience; Master’s degree in music preferred. Prefer candidate with an understanding and appreciation of UMC theology and practice
Benefits: Medical Insurance: Individual Coverage (Employer Paid), Flexible Savings Account & Health Reimbursement Account (Employer Funded), Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 403(b) Retirement Savings (Employer Match of up to 6%), Life & AD&D Insurance (Employer Paid), Vacation/Personal Leave, Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave and Supplemental STD, LTD & Other Coverage Available (Aflac)
- a cover letter
- a resume
- a link to a video of 5-10 minutes of the candidate directing a rehearsal
- a link to a video of 5-10 minutes of the candidate directing a choral performance
- a link to a video of a few minutes of the candidate playing piano and/or organ.