Fellow in Church Music (Atlanta, Georgia)
All Saints’ Episcopal Church in Atlanta, Georgia, is seeking a Fellow in Church Music to begin in July 2021 or a mutually agreed upon date. An ideal position for a recent college or university graduate seeking a gap experience for one year (with the possibility of renewing for another), this full-time position comes with a salary commensurate with education and experience, coupled with full benefits. The successful candidate will be a hard-working, dedicated professional who reports to the Director of Music.
All Saints' is a vibrant, progressive Christian community rooted in the Episcopal tradition and located in the heart of Midtown, Atlanta. The Fellow in Church Music would join a talented and committed team of colleagues. Candidates should be comfortable working within a large staff team and busy parish.
Due to the ongoing pandemic and Diocesan COVID-19 protocols that are subject to change over the coming months, current duties include:
· Recording voluntaries, hymns, and other accompaniments
· Assisting in the production of virtual choir videos for online worship
· Accompanying instrumentalists and singers for outdoor worship
· Assisting the Director of Music in weekly choir rehearsals on Zoom
· Managing the choral library
· Attending staff meetings
· Assisting with the concert series
· Assisting with weddings and funerals
As COVID-19 protocols change in the coming months, duties may expand to include:
· Choir accompanying and service-playing in services
· Singing in the choir when not accompanying during services or rehearsals
· Choir training (adult choir): occasional conducting and leading sectional rehearsals
· Teaching a small number of piano students from disadvantaged backgrounds
Proficiency with Sibelius is desirable but not required.
Interested applicants will provide:
· A short letter of intent
· Two references
· A current C.V.
· Links to two recordings, including, if possible, a choral or hymn accompaniment
Video recordings are preferred, if possible, but not mandatory.
Please send all application materials by May 1, 2021 to:
Dr. Kirk M. Rich, Director of Music
Finalists will be brought to Atlanta for an interview and audition.
Please feel free to contact Dr. Rich with any questions about the position or the search process.