Interim Organist (North Haven, CT)
NORTH HAVEN CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH
Professional Staff Position
Interim Organist Job Description
September 11, 2022 – December 25, 2022
Duties and Responsibilities
The North Haven Congregational Church is seeking an organist for the church’s worship services. The organist will work with the Music Director to support a music program which complements and enhances the church through weekly and occasional special services.
The organist has the responsibility to provide music for the following:
· 16 Sunday morning services (+/- 13 with the choir)
· A Christmas Eve service
· Communicate regularly with the Music Director
· Provide collaborative organ/piano for the Chancel Choir rehearsals approx. 6 times (suggested 1 each month Sept., Oct., Nov., and 3 in Dec.)
· Willingness to consult with and make recommendations to Music Mission Team and Music Director with regard to the operation and maintenance of the organ and other instruments/piano.
· Estimated average time commitment of 3.5 hours per week.
The organist has the option to practice for services on the church organ during office hours or before and after Thursday choir rehearsal.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
Willingness to work with adults and children/youth who have wide ranges of musical abilities.
Knowledge of sacred music, hymnody, and UCC church traditions. Ability and willingness to perform a variety of music (including traditional, classical, contemporary, gospel, folk etc.).
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $815.00 - $975.00 per month
Common Surfaces Disinfected Regularly
Masks currently optional.