Minister of Music (Harwich, MA)
St. Peter’s Lutheran Church of Cape Cod is hiring a Minister of Music.
Could you be the one?
A strong candidate will have a music degree, play organ and piano, and conduct the choir and the bell choir. Familiarity and appreciation for liturgical worship and hymn singing is important. Looking for someone who loves God, people, and music; who values both tradition and creativity. We are in the process of finding a new organ to replace our electronic American Organ Builders organ with similar or pipe organ.
A strong candidate will:
- Have knowledge of liturgy
- Be skillful on the organ and piano
- Be able to improvise and provide transitional music
- Have experience with church music and anthems
- Play at designated special services
- Have experience directing vocal and bell choirs
- Have strong communication skills
- Have a music degree in either organ or music
- Work with Organ Task Force to identify a replacement organ
All employees of St. Peter’s must have a CORI check.
This job averages 18 hours/week.
The salary is $28,000/year.
Apply by sending a cover letter, resume and three references to:
The Minister of Music Search Committee
St. Peter’s Lutheran Church
310 Route 137
Harwich, MA 02645
Or by email at email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you.