Minister of Music (Milford, CT)
TRINITY LUTHERAN CHURCH IN MILFORD, CT, a lively, welcoming ELCA parish, seeks a part-time organist and director of music to inspire, create, and implement excellent and inclusive music ministry. With a focus on accompanying congregational song each week (two Sunday services), the Minister of Music’s primary responsibilities include:
- Directing the adult choir (which presently rehearses on Sunday) and seasonal elementary-aged children’s choir
- Collaborating with the Pastor in worship planning
- Meeting with the Worship & Music Committee bi-monthly
- Additional services for Christmas, Lent, and Holy Week (2 Christmas Eve, 1 Ash Wednesday, 1 Maundy Thursday, 1 Good Friday, 1 Holy Saturday)
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in music or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Trustworthiness and professionalism.
- Ability to select music appropriate for the seasons of the liturgical year.
- Expectation of 10 to 12 hours per week
- Interview with Worship & Music Committee and Pastor
- Salary negotiable relative to experience and education
- Position open immediately
- Minister of Music given priority for all weddings and funerals
- Modern 3 manual Allen organ in fine working condition
- Upright piano in fine working condition
- Adult choir, 4 part harmony, good music readers
- Opportunity to use handbells in worship