Music Director (New London, NH)
- Experience and competency directing choir(s)
- Skilled accompanist on the organ and piano
- Ability to work effectively with all ages
- Pastoral heart and sensitivity to choir and congregational needs
- Energy, creativity, flexibility and patience
- Ability to sing and advance skills of choir members through hands-on instruction
- Willingness to develop liturgical awareness
- Commitment to ecumenism and to drawing on the best music in other traditions
An academic degree in music or church music would be a plus, as would experience of the Episcopal Church and of leading instrumental/mixed ensembles.
This is a salaried job of 17 hours per week with an annual range of 21,000 - 43,000 dollars in line with experience, training and skills. Although a part time position, it could be paired with a vacancy at our partner church, Epiphany in Newport, where basic housing is also available. The compensation package includes four weeks of paid vacation leave. The Music Director will oversee a music budget of $7,600. There is a separate annual allocation of $750 for the Music Director's professional development.
By 31 January 2020, please apply at our entry on workable.com: https://apply.workable.com/j/40B6E8FE8C