Music Director (Norwalk, Connecticut)
St. Philip Parish, located in Norwalk, CT, is seeking a talented and dedicated Music Director to join our vibrant community. The position offers a fulfilling opportunity to share your musical talents and faith in our welcoming and vibrant parish community. If you are passionate about liturgical music and possess the necessary skills and dedication, we invite you to apply for this position. Please send your resume and expression of interest to Father Sudhir D’Souza at email@example.com.
The Music Director of St. Philip Parish collaborates with the Pastor, liturgical team, and other church ministries to integrate music into the overall worship experience and foster a sense of unity and spiritual growth within the St. Philip parish.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Sunday Masses: Playing the organ/piano and Singing for the 8 am and 10 am Masses
· Choir Direction:
- Train and direct the Adult Choir for the 10 am Mass
- Work closely with Volunteer Cantors
· Special Liturgical Events: Prepare and perform for liturgical events such as Masses on Holy Days, Stations of the Cross during Lent and other important liturgical events.
· Administration: Assist in managing the music budget, maintaining a library of music resources, and coordinating the scheduling of musicians and cantors.
· Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
· Proficiency in playing the organ and piano, with a deep understanding of liturgical music and its role in worship services.
· Three to five years’ experience in directing choirs and working with volunteer singers.
· Strong musical skills, including sight-reading, arranging, and selecting appropriate music for various liturgical seasons and themes.
· Flexibility to work on Sundays, holy days, and special liturgical events throughout the year.
· Willingness to support the spiritual growth and engagement of the congregation through music.
· Faithful Catholic who has a good understanding of the liturgy and the role of music within it.
· Able to work independently with little supervision and multitask efficiently and effectively, completing work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner.
· Great interpersonal skills, with solid decision-making and leadership capabilities and ability to work with the Pastor, Parish employees, volunteers and others as a team.