Part-time music director/worship leader (Highland Park, New Jersey )
Trinity United Methodist Church's music director collaborates with the pastor in facilitating worship music that supports the congregation in praising and drawing nearer to God. The music director strives for excellence in music that reflects the congregation's reverence and love of God. To this end, the music director works with the pastor to identify music selections for worship services; plays music; manages church musicians, choirs and singers; and conducts choir rehearsals. The music director must be able to read music and be able to play traditional hymns as well as more contemporary Christian music. In addition, the music director is responsible for the following:
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of a comprehensive music ministry for the congregation and community.
- Continually learn both about music and about the people in the congregation and community so that you can plan music appropriate to their needs.
- Be familiar with the overall goals the congregation has set for itself, how these goals influence its music programs, and how these goals may be extended.
- Keep the congregation informed about the music needs of people, the goals of the music program, and the resources available that will help the congregation reach these arabam kaç para goals.
- Promote the spiritual life of the congregation and its members through music ministry.
- Be responsible for guiding the work of the music program through the year.
- Link with organizations, people, and resources in and beyond the congregation that are concerned about church music.
- Be aware of the literature and materials available that are related to music.
- Take part in and represent the concerns of music on the various boards of the local
church and the charge conference.
Rev. Alicia Grey, 626-390-1100
Trinity United Methodist Church
417 Montgomery St.
Highland Park, NJ 08904