Principal Organist/Pianist (Part-time) (Naperville, IL (Chicago Suburb))
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
● Prepare and play:
○ 2 regularly-scheduled Sunday morning worship services. (year-round)
○ Weekly Thursday evening rehearsals (7-8:30PM) of the Chancel Choir under the direction of the Choir Director. (August to June)
○ Special worship services and related rehearsals (Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Eve, Easter, multiple Christmas Eve services, All-Saints major work, Spring Choral Service and additional special events with notice).
● Select music as needed for the prelude, offertory or other special music, and postlude at regular services, in keeping with the theme and style of worship.
● Provide recommendations to, or assist Pastors with, hymn selection as requested.
● Lead congregational singing and accompany soloists in worship.
● Arrange for qualified substitute organists to serve in case of personal time off, vacation, or when unavailable for funerals or weddings.
● Reserve the right of first refusal to serve at any wedding or funeral held in the church, subject to the terms of the Compensation Schedule for this position.
● Oversee the care, maintenance, and usage of the organ and sanctuary piano in consultation with the Music Coordinator and Board of Trustees, subject to the church budget.