Soprano Section Leader (Newton, MA)
August 19, 2019
Grace Episcopal Church
Grace Church seeks a Soprano Section Leader, beginning September 2019, to continue our long tradition of inspiring music for worship. We are a vibrant parish of about 120 households in the section of Newton bordering Watertown and Brighton, blessed with a beautiful sanctuary and an impressive G. G. Hook & Hastings organ. Our choir of 8 to 12 singers is led by four professional section leaders.
- Attending Sunday morning services at 10:30 a.m., including an 8:30 a.m. rehearsal
- Attending Thursday evening rehearsals
- Attending additional rehearsals and services, as scheduled by the Music Director, including All Saints Sunday (Nov. 3), Christmas Eve (Dec. 24), Ash Wednesday (Feb. 26), and Holy Week services.
- Singing solos at services when requested, including a brief rehearsal with the Music Director.
- Learning the music in advance of rehearsals and services to provide effective vocal leadership for the amateur singers in the choir.
- Providing advance notification of any absences and assisting the Music Director in finding a suitable replacement.
Desired qualities include:
- Excellent musicianship
- Excellent vocal performance skills
- Ability to sing in a broad range of choral and solo vocal styles
- Ability to work with all levels of singers in the choir
- Ability to blend with the choir
- Personable, friendly, and interested in community life
Please send cover letter, résumé, and contact info for two references to:
Christopher Hossfeld, Music Director, email@example.com
Please send applications by September 1, 2019. Interviews will begin a.s.a.p.