The Religion, Ecology and Expressive Cultures Initiative at the Yale Institute of Sacred Music is sponsoring a series of events over the coming year. All are free and open to the public. Launched in January 2023, the initiative’s aim is to amplify cross-disciplinary and integrative work at the intersection of religion, ecology, and expressive culture.
Last Dance with Feral Theatre
- September 7, 5 p.m. Performance. ISM, Miller Hall, 406 Prospect St., New Haven.
- September 8, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Workshop. ISM, Miller Hall, 406 Prospect St., New Haven.
When Wajcha Meets Pachamama
- February 10, 7:00 p.m. Marquand Chapel, Yale Divinity School, 409 Prospect St., New Haven
Biodegradable Blessings: A panel and workshop on making prayer flags, relatedness, and Himalayan futures
- February 29, 5:30 pm Panel. ISM, Miller Hall, 406 Prospect St., New Haven
- March 1, Workshop. Time and location TBD
Biophilia; In Excelsis art exhibition
- March 27, 5 p.m. Opening reception and panel discussion. ISM, Miller Hall, 406 Prospect St., New Haven
Black Sacred Arts Conference on Ecology and Environmental Issues
- May 13-15, details to follow. Greenberg Conference Center, 391 Prospect St., New Haven