Director of Music/Organist (Providence, Rhode Island)
Director of Music/Organist, Part-Time
All Saints’ Memorial Episcopal Church at 674 Westminster Street, Providence, RI, 02903 is seeking a dynamic Director of Music/Organist to develop a high-quality music program that embraces the diversity and range of traditions within our congregation.
Music that brings all closer to Christ is the ultimate goal of the Music Program at All Saints’. We achieve this by developing a quality program geared to sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ through song that includes music from throughout the Anglican communion, past and present. Our program must recognize and embrace the diversity and the range of traditions within our congregation. Music at All Saints’ must support and develop congregational singing as well as build and improve the choir.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Provide organ music* and direct the choir for the 9:30 am Sunday service. This includes 8:30 Sunday morning rehearsal and a 1 ½ hour weekly evening rehearsal. Also provide music for Principal Feast Days such as Christmas, Easter, All Saints’ Day, and Holy Week
- Collaborate with the Priest-in-charge to develop a music program that includes a variety of styles that will facilitate inclusive worship and support congregational singing.
- Direct the parish music program; select and plan music for use in liturgies.
- Work to integrate the ethnically diverse musical gifts of the congregation into the music program on a regular basis.
*Austin Pipe Organ with three manuals.
- Familiar with the Episcopal Church Liturgy and traditions.
- Has understanding of musical, liturgical, and pastoral judgements.
- Proficient at playing the organ and piano.
- Proficient in directing a choir.
- Great interpersonal skills, with solid decision making and leadership qualities; capable of creating a sense of community in the music ministry and is a team player.
1. Part-time with flexible hours.
2. Main tasks include planning and providing music for all Sunday services and other major celebrations and organizing and rehearsing the parish choir.
3. Providing music for weddings and funerals will be an added benefit.
4. Compensation contingent on education and experience
For additional information or to submit a letter of interest and resume or CV please email: Rev. Julie Hanavan, Priest-in charge at email@example.com