Edgerton Fellow - Organist (Hanover NH)
St Thomas Episcopal Church is seeking an Edgerton Fellow to lead and grow our choral program, play the organ on Sunday, and be a welcoming presence for the students of Dartmouth College throughout the week. This position is ideal for an early career organist who has experience working with choirs and with people of all ages. It is particularly appropriate for a recent graduate who would enjoy the challenges and opportunities of lay ministry in an Ivy League environment. This is a three-quarters time role, with a third devoted to parochial responsibilities, a third to college responsibilities and a third to new ministries that engage students and the local community. The Edgerton Fellow will be someone who enjoys collaborating and trying out new ideas.
- Provide organ music and choral conducting for the weekly Sunday morning service at 10.30am and for major festivals of the church year.
- Lead the adult choir (rehearsals on Thursday evenings and Sunday mornings).
- Lead the children’s choir and teach the RSCM voices for life curriculum (weekly rehearsals).
Collegiate Responsibilities at Dartmouth College:
- Exercise a ministry of hospitality to Dartmouth students at the Edgerton House.
- Recruit Dartmouth students to sing or assist with the choral program.
- Assist in weekly suppers with undergraduates on Wednesday evenings at the Edgerton House.
A third that you design:
- We want you to share your musical talents with the wider Dartmouth community in ways that bring you joy.
- We hope that you will enjoy helping students or community members connect with one another through music in new ways.
- We invite you to cultivate a community of exploration around an issue, topic or area of theology that makes your heart sing.
Salary and Benefits:
This one-year, .75FTE position will start in fall 2022. In addition to a salary range of $36,000 to $42,000, we offer a fully paid health insurance for one person, a pension benefit and a two-bedroom apartment (fully furnished, with heat, electricity, internet and parking included) located in the heart of downtown Hanover at Edgerton House, the Episcopal Student Center. There are usually six undergraduates in residence.
St Thomas church is committed its vision: ‘All welcome – no exceptions – to worship, love, serve, and grow.’ We encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented groups. The organ is a Rodgers Model 960 combination organ with a full complement of speakers, 10 ranks of pipes, and Zimbelstern. To apply in confidence please email a letter of interest to email@example.com along with a resume and an electronic sample of your organ playing. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.