Music Director (Alexandria, VA)
Grace Episcopal Church, a vibrant, welcoming, historic Anglo-Catholic parish in Alexandria, Virginia, seeks a Music Director to join our team, taking a strategic role in ministry that energizes the parish for mission, prepares us for God’s presence in worship, and evangelizes using the beauty of music.
The heart and skills of our ideal candidate:
- An excellent musician, preferably with master’s degree in music with choral experience and/or experience in a large or Cathedral church
- A superior organist with exceptional improvisation skills
- A choral conductor with the ability to conduct from the console
- A musician with working knowledge of the Episcopal Church and our liturgies
- An individual with a positive temperament and strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- A collaborative musician and leader who will be an ambassador for Grace Church.
Key roles of the Grace Church Music Director:
- Ensure a flourishing music program through budgeting, communications, and oversight of all church musical groups, instruments, and music library
- Work with clergy and lay staff to plan, prepare, and carry out both Sunday and special worship
- Support paid musical leadership for our Spanish language service
- Recruit, train, and supervise choirs of adults and young people (voice and bells)
- Further grow our Royal School of Church Music Chorister Program
- Recruit and supervise visiting musicians
- Plan and schedule concerts, musical performances, and productions.
Applications are being received through July 21, 2023. Please see full job description, including how to apply, on our website: https://www.gracealex.org/music-director-search/