Organist/accompanist (San Antonio, TX)
The Organist/Accompanist will accompany of over 10 performing choirs (2nd Grade Choir, 3rd & 4th Grade Boys Choir, 3rd & 4th Grade Girls Choir, 5th & 6th Grade Boys Choir, 5th & 6th Grade Girls Choir, Middle School Boys Choir, Middle School Girl’s Choir, Men’s Chorale, Women’s Chorale, Honors Choir) and two Gregorian chant ensembles that perform on a rotational basis for daily Mass. All students in the school have choir every day, with the exception of the Pre-kindergarten classes, which have music class twice a week.
- Play the organ for daily school Mass, Stations of the Cross (Lent), and occasional Evensongs throughout the year
- Accompany choir rehearsals/ classes during the school day as prescribed by the Director of Music
- Accompany the annual upper and lower school Christmas and Spring concerts
- Assist in maintaining the choral music and liturgical propers library
- Assist in creating the weekly hymn sheets, gospel acclamations (tracts during Lent), and graduals for daily school Mass
- Accompany and assist in the preparation of students for the TMEA (Texas Music Educators Association) Middle School and High School Choirs, the TPSMEA (Texas Private School Music Educators Association) Children’s Honors Choir, Solo & Ensemble Competition, and Concert & Sight-Reading Competition, and other competitions as appropriate
- Perform various tasks and attend all choral activities assigned by the Director of Music (this may include events that take place after school, over holidays, and on weekends)
- Be a practicing Catholic
- Hold Bachelor’s degree in music with an emphasis in piano or organ
3-manual, 50 rank Casavant pipe organ and 1-manual, 7 rank Laukhuff organ (chapel)
Commensurate with experience. Medical and other benefits offered.
The Atonement Academy
The Atonement Academy provides an accredited classical education rooted in centuries of Catholic faith and tradition. Our highly acclaimed academics program encourages scholars to develop intellectual ability, make moral decisions, and solidify Catholic virtues. Our classical curriculum is led by Catholic teachers who truly care about all of their students. They are attentive to each child’s education and religious formation. We are guided by the Latin phrase, “Fides et Ratio,” Faith and Reason, which is at the core of our Christ-centered community of faith, hope, and love. One of the hallmarks of the school is its choir-school-like environment and well-established tradition of sacred choral and liturgical music.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and unofficial copy of your transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org before May 1, 2020.
About the Employer
Our Mission Statement: The Atonement Academy strives for excellence in the physical, the intellectual, and the spiritual virtues through a challenging course of classical and Catholic education.
Top Academy Honors:
National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence
Cardinal Newman Society
Catholic Education Honor Roll
Ranked # 1 on Niche.com "Best Catholic Schools in San Antonio"
*** For the 2020-2021 school year, we have Director of Music, Assistant Director of Music, and Organist/Accompanist positions open. Please indicate any/all positions for which you wish to be considered in your cover letter.