Tenor Section Leader (Bel Air, MD)
August 23, 2022
St. Margaret Parish
Tenor Section Leader St. Margaret Parish - Bel Air, MD
St. Margaret Parish is seeking a Bass Section Leader for its Adult Choir. This person will serve as a pillar for the section to sing around, function as the bass of a quartet, and occasionally assist with sectional rehearsals.
- Experience as a choral singer;
- Prior work experience as a section leader is a plus;
- Excellent vocal technique, musicianship, and ensemble skills;
- Strong sight-reading skills;
- Ability to inspire and support the volunteer singers, and willingness to work collaboratively with them and the Director of Music & Liturgy;
- Willingness to sing with children when/if required in support of our Chorister program.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To attend all scheduled rehearsals, Services/Masses, concerts, etc. as required by the Director of Music & Liturgy;
- To thoroughly prepare and perform music as selected by the Director of Music & Liturgy, including any assigned solos;
- To lead, musically and by example, the section and the choir in performance, behavior, attendance, and punctuality at rehearsals and services;
- To lead sectional rehearsals as required;
- To welcome new singers and to help and guide volunteer singers where needed;
- To promote the work of St. Margaret Parish and its ministries in accordance with the aims and mission of the Church and vision of the Director of Music & Liturgy;
- All Section Leaders will need to complete comprehensive background checks and VIRTUS training prior to beginning employment;
- To follow any COVID-19 safety protocols in effect;
- No religious affiliation is required, but candidates must be sympathetic to the aims and mission of the Roman Catholic Church and those of St. Margaret Parish
Section Leaders will be engaged from September to mid-June on a rolling one-year agreement, renewable by mutual agreement at the end of each academic year. A full schedule of Masses and events is provided by the Director of Music & Liturgy. Some summer work may be available.
- Thursday Rehearsals, 7pm to 9pm;
- Sunday Morning Mass, Rehearsal 9:10am, Mass 10:00am;
- Section Leaders are expected to be available for special extra Services/Masses including Christmas Eve, Holy Week & Easter, and other dates determined by the Director of Music & Liturgy. All absences should be cleared with the Director of Music & Liturgy with ample notice when possible.
Our Section Leaders are compensated monthly at a rate of $65.00 per Mass (including rehearsal beforehand) and $65.00 for Rehearsals. Additional compensation will be made as required for extra engagements. Necessary background check information, VIRTUS training, and a Letter of Agreement must be signed prior to the start of employment.
Application & Audition
To apply, please send a resumé/CV and any recordings of your performances to Director of Music & Liturgy, Mr. Tyler Horton by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or through Handshake. Candidates will be considered as they apply. Application will remain open until the position is filled. Enquiries are welcome by email or phone.