General Information and Requirements
- All ISM students are also enrolled in either the Yale School of Music or Yale Divinity School.
- For degrees in the Yale School of Music, the Institute admits outstanding organists, choral conductors, and singers based on the application and auditions. On occasion, the ISM will admit a composition major with a particular interest in sacred music. They must first be accepted by the School of Music and should register their interest with the ISM Office of Admissions.
- For degrees in the Yale Divinity School, the Institute is interested in students who seek theological education with an emphasis on liturgical studies or religion and the arts, as well as M.Div. candidates who desire interaction with practicing church musicians as part of their education.
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203.432.9753.
- APPLY (Application available September 1).
Nondiscrimination/Title IX Statements
The University is committed to basing judgments concerning the admission, education, and employment of individuals upon their qualifications and abilities and affirmatively seeks to attract to its faculty, staff, and student body qualified persons of diverse backgrounds. In accordance with this policy and as delineated by federal and Connecticut law, Yale does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment against any individual on account of that individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a protected veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. | FULL TEXT